Subject: [bug#52578] [PATCH v2 0/2] OpenLDAP service

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:34:39 +0100

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Well, I am not convinced that the package 'openldap-for-services' is really
required and perhaps the tweak of openldap-2.6 is enough.

Moreover, do you need openssl instead of gnutls?  I would be in favor to keep
gnutls as the base package and if you absolutely need openssl, write a
variant; along the proposed modify-inputs.

About the old versions of openldap, I am going to send you a recipe for your
own channel.  I am not convinced that maintain such old variants makes sense
at the Guix level.

About the service, it still misses some documentation for the manual.  And
'tests' would also be very welcome. :-)

Note that gnu/tests/ldap.scm already some tests.  Maybe this file could be
updated with the new service.

WDYT?

Cheers,
simon

Jean-François Guillaume (1):
  DRAFT services: Add openldap service.

zimoun (1):
  DRAFT gnu: Add openldap-for-services.

 gnu/packages/openldap.scm | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/services/openldap.scm | 84 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 131 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 gnu/services/openldap.scm

base-commit: f76898be6ded531e459f106549886afbdc426a78
-- 
2.34.0