Subject: Re: [bug#52576] [PATCH] gnu: ibus-anthy: Update to 1.15.12

From: Alice BRENON <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:35:04 +0200

> ```
> $ echo $GI_TYPELIB_PATH
> /gnu/store/hwz7vhykh8iijwdrcbn…

Ohhh that's really interesting, the variable is set for you whenever
you enter a prompt ? In my regular user environment, it is unset !

> /gnu/store/…

I don't see ibus-anthy directly in what you have pasted but since there
are personal profiles in there I assume that's where it comes from.

> ```
> $ cat ~/.guix-profile/libexec/ibus-setup-anthy
>

Indeed, this script being in your user profile suggests that ibus-anthy
is installed for your user, not for the system. That explains why it
works for you (the ibus-anthy package at
/gnu/store/93fbwxycshdz4gcqphcns3dk0x5fxayx-ibus-anthy-1.5.14 contains
lib/girepository-1.0 with Anthy-9000.typelib so it must be in
/home/taiju/.guix-profile/lib/girepository-1.0 too). Since your typelib
contains /home/taiju/.guix-profile/lib/girepository-1.0 (twice, by the
way, you might want to check that), that explains why it happens to
work on your system.

At this point I'm ready to assume that the general behaviour of
installing on a pure system will be that the package is broken and that
it works on your system due to your particular setup and possibly
history of hacking on ibus-anthy. I propose this temporary fix until
this is completely sorted out:

add one of the following lines to ~/.bash_profile:

if ibus-anthy is install system-wide:

```
export GI_TYPELIB_PATH="/run/current-system/profile/lib/girepository-1.0/"
```

otherwise:

```
export GI_TYPELIB_PATH="${HOME}/.guix-profile/lib/girepository-1.0/"
```

And now all I want to know is if we can revert `inputs` back to
`outputs` or if there is a good reason not to do so, and hence what
should be done in that case, but it seems that it is a matter on which
Maxim Cournoyer has the expertise, since he was the one to introduce
the change.

Higashi-san, thanks a lot for your tremendous support in addition to
having provided the original version upgrade !

Kind regards,

Alice