Subject: Re: bug#52576: [PATCH] gnu: ibus-anthy: Update to 1.15.12

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 23:20:02 +0100

Hi,

Taiju HIGASHI <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I'm using GNOME (40.4) with Guix, and version 1.5.9 of ibus-anthy had
> a problem with ibus-anthy not being able to save settings.
>
> I'm assuming this is the cause, since the release notes say that
> ibus-anthy version 1.5.10 includes a fix for migrating from dConf to
> GSettings.

Good.

> 1.5.10 adds a test, but I skipped running the test.  I wish I had a
> better solution, but the fix including the test was difficult for me.
> It also included tests for users to enter values in dialogs and to
> update files under their home directories, so I thought it would be
> better to skip the tests.

Would it be possible to arrange to skip only the test(s) that expect to
run interactively?  It would be more robust than skipping all the tests.

Other than that the change LGTM.

BTW current ‘master’ has GNOME 41; it would be good to see how things
work now.

Thanks,
Ludo’.