Subject: Re: bug#52559: guix pull fails with `Unknown command: nix fish: nix show-derivation "~/.fr-sqOEpp/....-module-import-compiled.drv"

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:31:18 +0100

Grigory Shepelev schreef op ma 17-01-2022 om 22:02 [+0300]:
> Encountered same problem again on both machines (recently installed
> guix on laptop and an old desktop PC of mine).  

See <https://debbugs.gnu.org/server-control.html> for how to re-open.

What is the ‘same problem’ here?  IIRC, there were two separate
problems.

Do you mean this one:

  Unknown command: nix fish: nix show-derivation "~/.fr-sqOEpp/....
  module-import-compiled.drv"

> Seems like the problems arise after home reconfiguration. Still can
> pull successfully from the root user. 

I didn't know you were using "guix home", was this also the case in the
original report?  This seems potentially relevant information.  The
exact contents of the home configuration (with personal information
removed and preferably reduced to a minimal test case) could be useful
to investigate the issue.

Or was ‘same problem’ the following
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52559#15>?

Greetings,
Maxime.