Subject: bug#52546: 29.0.50; Missing space character

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 11:39:58 +0100

Reproduction steps:

1. run 'emacs -Q'
2. type M-x and then 'sql-sqlite'
3. see a prompt in the minibuffer

Expected: 'Database ~/…'

Actual: 'Database~/…' (notice the missing space character)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00 Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
 of 2021-12-15 built on Workstation.local
Repository revision: 5a057f6716e6991a60968e48f849da57a0339735
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-json --with-xwidgets --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  corfu-global-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/salutis/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211208.1819/transient hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient
/Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-compat hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/eieio-compat

Features:
(gnutls epa-file network-stream nsm mailalias smtpmail qp shadow sort
bbdb-message fortune mail-extr emacsbug sendmail tramp-cmds goto-addr
mhtml-mode css-mode smie js sgml-mode facemenu htmlize preview tex-buf
font-latex tex-mode pulse color consult-xref xref shortdoc ob-ditaa
ob-plantuml org-crypt org-habit ess-tracebug ess-utils ess-custom
org-colview org-plot ob-awk ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs ob-clojure ob-css ob-dot ob-eshell eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util ob-forth ob-fortran ob-gnuplot ob-groovy ob-haskell ob-java
ob-js ob-julia ob-latex ob-lilypond ob-lisp ob-lua ob-makefile ob-maxima
ob-ocaml ob-octave ob-org ob-perl ob-processing ob-python python
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat ob-ruby ob-sass ob-scheme ob-screen ob-sed ob-shell shell
embark ffap helpful imenu trace edebug backtrace info-look help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs sql latex latex-flymake tex-ispell tex-style tex
texmathp ox-md ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox citar-org oc-csl
citeproc citeproc-itemgetters citeproc-biblatex citeproc-bibtex
citeproc-cite citeproc-subbibs citeproc-sort citeproc-name
citeproc-formatters citeproc-number rst citeproc-proc citeproc-disamb
citeproc-itemdata citeproc-generic-elements citeproc-macro
citeproc-choose citeproc-date citeproc-context citeproc-prange
citeproc-style citeproc-locale citeproc-term f citeproc-rt citeproc-lib
citeproc-s let-alist queue dash org-id citar crm s parsebib citar-file
vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs consult-vertico
consult recentf tree-widget view org-pomodoro alert log4e notifications
gntp org-timer org-agenda org-refile org-duration bug-reference
flymake-proc flymake project compile image-file image-converter
disp-table char-fold orderless cursor-sensor paredit edmacro kmacro
display-fill-column-indicator bbdb bbdb-site timezone
modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme modus-themes corfu vertico
marginalia pdf-loader diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc diminish
yasnippet hl-todo finder-inf ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
ob-R org-clock cl ls-lisp cap-words superword subword saveplace
autorevert filenotify comp comp-cstr warnings delsel savehist
elfeed-link elfeed-show elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log xml-query bookmark pp elfeed-db elfeed-lib vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue
thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi cl-extra help-mode org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic
bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2804713 143330)
 (symbols 48 57823 31)
 (strings 32 309800 29650)
 (string-bytes 1 9805272)
 (vectors 16 124433)
 (vector-slots 8 4338475 174547)
 (floats 8 864 650)
 (intervals 56 16035 2241)
 (buffers 992 148))

-- 
"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'" -- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia