Subject: Re: bug#52533: guix deploy breaks SSH access with a PAM error

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 16:02:32 +0100

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Following the big merge of the core-updates-frozen branch into master,
> I've noticed now on two counts the following: running 'guix deploy'
> leaves the remote machine unreachable by SSH.  The connection passes
> authentication but then gets closed immediately.  /var/log/messages
> reveals the following error:
>
> sshd[29578]:  error: PAM: pam_open_session(): Module is unknown
>
>
> The machines updated were running Guix System revisions predating the
> core-updates-frozen merge.

This sounds a lot like this:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/32182#1

WDYT?

Ludo’.