Subject: bug#5253: 23.1.90; --without-dbus fails

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:56:30 +0100

Hello!

When configuring  --without-dbus  this fails, because GConf is used  
and it has:

checking GCONF_CFLAGS... -DORBIT2=1 -I/sw/include/gconf/2 -I/sw/ 
include/orbit-2.0 -I/sw/include/dbus-1.0 -I/sw/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/ 
sw/include/glib-2.0 -I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include
checking GCONF_LIBS... -L/sw/lib -lgconf-2 -lORBit-2 -lm -ldbus-1 - 
lpthread -lgmodule-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl - 
liconv

In the end it is reported:

   Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
   Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  no
   Does Emacs use -lgconf?                                 yes
   Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              yes

But then, when I look at the libraries used, libdbus *is* used. I can  
only get red of it completely when I also configure --without-gconf.

--
Greetings

   Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.