Subject: bug#5250: 23.1.90; src/xterm.c does not compile Ã¢ like #3895 from 2009-07-27

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:29:27 +0100

Hello!

The bug is back, now on Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) with PowerPC  
processor.

gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c -no-cpp-precomp -Demacs - 
DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/Users/pete/Quellen/Emacs_CVS/emacs/src -I/usr/ 
X11/include/X11 -I/sw/lib/fontconfig2/include -I/sw/lib/xft2/include - 
I/sw/lib/freetype219/include/freetype2 -I/sw/lib/freetype219/include - 
I/usr/X11R6/include -Dtemacs  -I/sw/lib/fontconfig2/include -I/sw/ 
include/freetype2 -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/librsvg-2 -I/sw/include/ 
glib-2.0 -I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/sw/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/X11/ 
include/cairo -I/usr/X11/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/X11/include/libpng12 - 
I/usr/X11/include  -I/sw/include/gconf/2 -I/sw/include/orbit-2.0 -I/sw/ 
include/dbus-1.0 -I/sw/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/sw/include/glib-2.0 -I/ 
sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -DORBIT2=1 -ggdb3 -gfull -mtraceback=full -Wno- 
pointer-sign -H -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -fast -mpim-altivec  
-ftree-vectorize -foptimize-register-move -freorder-blocks -fthread- 
jumps -fpeephole -fno-crossjumping -I/sw/include/freetype2 -I/sw/ 
include -MMD -MF deps/xterm.d xterm.c
. ./config.h
.. ./s/darwin.h
.. ./m/macppc.h
.. /usr/include/string.h
... /usr/include/_types.h
.... /usr/include/sys/_types.h
..... /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h
..... /usr/include/machine/_types.h
...... /usr/include/ppc/_types.h
[...]
xterm.c: In function ‘x_term_init’:
xterm.c:10277: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
Multiple include guards may be useful for:
/sw/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtklinkbutton.h
make[2]: *** [xterm.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

/usr/X11R6 is a sym-link to /usr/X11.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one  
that corrupts your file?
			– Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy