Subject: Re: bug#52493: 29.0.50; Setting Inconsolata up in init.el makes default face rendered wrong

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 18:52:26 +0200

On 25/12/2022 18:07, martin rudalics wrote:
>  > Done, here:
> 
> Still tapping in the dark.  One other possibility I see is that we
> somehow mess things up with the menu or tool bar.  Next patch, three
> iterations suffice, please post contents of *foo*.

Aaand, here you go:

x_new_font .. ascent .. 30 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 36
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 25 .. 25 .. new pixels/lines .. 
25 .. 24
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 25 .. 25 .. new pixels/lines .. 
900 .. 25
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 900 .. 25 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1296 .. 36
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 1296 .. 36 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1296 .. 36
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 36 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
25 .. height_inc .. 18
   menubar_height .. 50 .. toolbar_height .. 0
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 36 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
66 .. height_inc .. 18
   menubar_height .. 50 .. toolbar_height .. 82
x_new_font .. ascent .. 37 .. descent .. 8 .. line_height .. 45
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 45 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
66 .. height_inc .. 22
   menubar_height .. 50 .. toolbar_height .. 82
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 1296 .. 36 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1584 .. 35
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 37 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
66 .. height_inc .. 18
   menubar_height .. 50 .. toolbar_height .. 82
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 1584 .. 35 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1260 .. 34
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 1260 .. 34 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1224 .. 33
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 1224 .. 33 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1188 .. 32
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 1188 .. 32 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1152 .. 31
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. old pixels/lines .. 1152 .. 31 .. new pixels/lines 
.. 1116 .. 30