Subject: Re: bug#52493: 29.0.50; Setting Inconsolata up in init.el makes default face rendered wrong

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 15:38:02 +0200

On 24/12/2022 11:27, martin rudalics wrote:
>  > I called set-face-attributes 8 times, might have got a little 
> over-enthusiastic.
> 
> Thanks.  It didn't harm.  IIUC the problem is in x_new_font.  With the
> attached please do a few calls again and post the contents of *foo*.

Here you go:

x_new_font .. ascent .. 30 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 36
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 25 .. text_height .. 24
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 900 .. text_height .. 900
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1296 .. text_height .. 1296
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1296 .. text_height .. 1296
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 36 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
43 .. height_inc .. 18
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 36 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
84 .. height_inc .. 18
x_new_font .. ascent .. 37 .. descent .. 8 .. line_height .. 45
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 45 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
88 .. height_inc .. 22
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1584 .. text_height .. 1584
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height & scale .. 37 .. 2 .. base_height .. 
84 .. height_inc .. 18
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1260 .. text_height .. 1260
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1224 .. text_height .. 1224
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1188 .. text_height .. 1188
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1152 .. text_height .. 1152
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1116 .. text_height .. 1116
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1080 .. text_height .. 1080
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1044 .. text_height .. 1044
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 1008 .. text_height .. 1008
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 972 .. text_height .. 972
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 936 .. text_height .. 936
x_new_font .. ascent .. 31 .. descent .. 6 .. line_height .. 37
adjust_frame_size .. pixel_height .. 900 .. text_height .. 900