Subject: bug#52493: 29.0.50; Setting Inconsolata up in init.el makes default face rendered wrong

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 01:00:49 +0200

On 21/12/2022 19:05, martin rudalics wrote:
>  >> Does the problem also happen with 'frame-inhibit-implied-resize'
>  >> non-nil?
>  >
>  > It does not.
> 
> OK.  Please apply the attached diff, do a few
> 
> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 110 :family "InconsolataLGC")
> 
> and tell me the contents of *foo*.  I'd like to know the size hints we
> send to the WM.

Thanks, here you go.

Initially its contents are:

xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height .. 36 .. base_height .. 43 .. 
height_inc .. 18
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height .. 36 .. base_height .. 84 .. 
height_inc .. 18

but after I eval the above (one or many times, doesn't matter), it contains:

xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height .. 36 .. base_height .. 43 .. 
height_inc .. 18
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height .. 36 .. base_height .. 84 .. 
height_inc .. 18
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height .. 45 .. base_height .. 88 .. 
height_inc .. 22
xg_wm_set_size_hint .. line_height .. 37 .. base_height .. 84 .. 
height_inc .. 18

Its contents are also no different at that "special" height where the 
frame stops resizing. Just in case that's important.