Subject: Re: bug#52483: GnuPG 2.2.30 cannot do symmetric encryption

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 15:25:42 -0500

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 11:56:41PM -0500, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> I'm testing this:
>> 
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> gnu: gnupg: Update to 2.3.3.
>> 
>> * gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (gnupg): Update to 2.3.3.
>> (gnupg-2.2.32): Delete variable.
>> (qgpgme)[native-inputs]: Use the regular gnupg package.
>
> Okay. Make sure to also adjust emacs-pinentry.
>
> I tested with GnuPG 2.2.23 by building all packages that depend directly
> on GnuPG. There were no new failures on x86_64-linux when using GnuPG
> 2.2.32.

I ended up sticking with 2.2.33, since this is the current "LTS"
release.  Unfortunately it fails 3 new tests of python-gnupg, and its
author think it is a regression in GnuPG itself [0].

[0]  https://github.com/vsajip/python-gnupg/issues/163

We'll see what upstream has to say about it.

Thank you,

Maxim