Subject: Re: bug#52479: 27.2; EDebugging stops when breakpoint condition can not be printed

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 06:26:38 +0100

Петров Андрей <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello, team!

Hello - thanks for your (very well done and pleasant to read!) report.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Apparently circular structure being printed")
>   apply(debug error (error "Apparently circular structure being printed"))
>   edebug(error (error "Apparently circular structure being printed"))
>   signal(error ("Apparently circular structure being printed"))
>   edebug-signal(error ("Apparently circular structure being printed"))
>   message("Break: %s => %s" filtered (#<field field-157aa078be4c>))

Another symptom of printing the wrong way, similar to bug#52222.
Printing with `edebug-safe-prin1-to-string' should fix it and be the
right thing, right?

> P.S. I could not copy the text from emacs with C-c M-i according to hint:
> While in the mail buffer:

>   Type C-c C-c to send the bug report.
>   Type C-x k RET to cancel (don’t send it).
>   Type C-c M-i to copy text to your preferred mail program.   <----

Hmm, that calls `report-emacs-bug-insert-to-mailer'.  You have set up a
mailer on your system and it works all fine?  If you think Emacs is not
behaving here, can you please create a separate report? - that this
works is very important.  Maybe you can already give debugging a try?

Thanks,

Michael.