Subject: [bug#52470] [PATCH] services: bluetooth: Add missing config parameters

From: Demis Balbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:51:26 +0100

On 2021-12-14 14:03, Josselin Poiret wrote:

Hello,

> Since Guile isn't typed, the usual approach is to use `#f` for default
> values, and then use `(if (bluetooth-configuration-inquiry-scan-window
> config) ...)` for example.  Any value other than #f will be considered
> as truthful for conditionals (see "(guile)Booleans").

I tried that, and I could have sworn I got an error regarding the
type. I was under the impression that the default values' type set the
type for the whole field. But I was wrong of course because I tested
your suggestion and it worked.

> Small nitpick, I'd rather have `""`, the else part of this if syntax, on
> its own line, aligned with `(string-append`.

Please do nitpick. I appreciate it. I think the `[General]` part looks
pretty messy indentation-wise, but I don't really know what layout to
settle on.

> Could you also document the `bluetooth-service-type` Scheme value in
> doc/guix.texi, as well as `bluetooth-configuration`, if that's not too
> much to ask?  I only see one for `bluetooth-service` right now.  I'm not
> sure if all configuration values should be documented there though,
> since there are a lot.

Sure. How can I test the changes to the documentation? Like generating a
pdf or something along those lines.

> By the way, shouldn't `bluetooth-service` be deprecated, given how
> simple it is to use the `-type` version?

I'm not the one to answer that :)

> What do others think?
> Best,
> Josselin Poiret

-- 
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Demis Balbach