Subject: bug#5247: closed (Re: bug#5247: 23.1; Cursor disappearing when in reverse video)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:17:02 +0000

Your bug report

#5247: 23.1; Cursor disappearing when in reverse video

which was filed against the emacs,w32 package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5247: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5247
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5247: 23.1; Cursor disappearing when in reverse video
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:15:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 08:46,  <[email-masked]> wrote:

> When starting Emacs in reverse video, either by command line
> (--reverse-video) or by registry value ('true' in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs\emacs.reverseVideo), the cursor
> disappears when going to the upper or lower border of a buffer.

I can reproduce this problem with 23.1, but not 23.2 or any later
release, so I'm closing this bug. Please reopen if you still see it in
newer Emacsen.

    Juanma

Subject: 23.1; Cursor disappearing when in reverse video
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 02:46:12 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs 
maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for 
them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] 
mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

When starting Emacs in reverse video, either by command line 
(--reverse-video) or by registry value ('true' in 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs\emacs.reverseVideo), 
the cursor disappears when going to the upper or lower 
border of a buffer.

I tested this just by starting Emacs with --reverse-video, 
no init file, switching to *scratch* and moving down the cursor.

Emacs version: the latest version for Windows, just 
downloaded from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-23.1-bin-i386.zip

Windows version: XP Professional Version 2002 SP3.

Thank you guys!
Luca

PS: Note that my previous version of Emacs [22.3.1 
(i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-09-06 on SOFT-MJASON] did 
not have this problem.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb 
debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read 
the file
c:/Program Files/Emacs23.1/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
  of 2009-07-30 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4)'

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: ENG
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up>
<down> <down> <down> <up> C-x b <return> <down> <down>
<up> <up> <down> <down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Loading ispell...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h 
C-a.
line-move-visual: End of buffer [4 times]
line-move-visual: End of buffer