Subject: 29.0.50; Use pop-to-buffer for shell

From: Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 11:16:53 -0500

Hi
I would like to request reverting of the patch

70b64e0d040e9c57f1a489c9ebee553264033119 "Use pop-to-buffer-same-window for shell"

When I already have a window with shell, this patch creates a second
such window.
It seems much more reasonable to use pop-to-buffer in eshell rather than
break shell's behavior.

If you insist on your desired behavior, please add a user variable
`shell-pop-to-buffer-action` that you would set to
`display-buffer--same-window-action`.

Thank you.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H1519))
 of 2021-12-06 built on 3c22fb11fdab.ant.amazon.com
Repository revision: dd2a994f0c6b8e0f725299a5b3a871578ed9d3e4
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1894
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
https://honestreporting.com https://jij.org https://ffii.org https://camera.org
Time would have been the best Teacher, if it did not kill all its students.