Subject: bug#52467: 29.0.50; Use pop-to-buffer for shell

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 02:51:07 +0200

On 20.12.2021 13:17, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>>> One could expect something else still: a new buffer in the current
>>> default-directory. Meaning, an [e]shell buffer that corresponds (in
>>> some way) to
>>> the buffer that was previously displayed in that window.
> 
> Yes, but...  having a single buffer for things is what we usually do --
> *info*, *Help*, etc.
> 
>> Isn't that what the prefix argument is for?
> 
> Yup.

That's what I was saying: both "force the use of the current window" and 
"force the use of the current default-directory" could be enabled by the 
use of the prefix argument.

Whereas we currently have the former by default, and the latter on 
prefix argument.