Subject: bug#52465: closed (Re: bug#52465: 29.0.50; Expand project-kill-buffer-conditions)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 00:01:01 +0000

Your bug report

#52465: 29.0.50; Expand project-kill-buffer-conditions

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52465: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52465
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52465: 29.0.50; Expand project-kill-buffer-conditions
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 02:59:50 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 14.12.2021 22:42, Manuel Uberti via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the 
Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> Actually no, I do not save those change-log-mode buffers to a file, so 
> I'd like to have them killed on 'C-x p k'.
> 
> [Sorry, not the best time for me to be debugging right now.]

All right, thanks for checking.

I've added both proposed conditions in commit 38977b6134.

Subject: 29.0.50; Expand project-kill-buffer-conditions
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 14:32:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Would it make sense to add two more entries
project-kill-buffer-conditions? I have this in my configuration:

(dolist (entry (list '(derived-mode . comint-mode)
                      '(major-mode . change-log-mode)))
   (add-to-list 'project-kill-buffer-conditions entry t))

I often use project-shell in my projects, so I am happy to close it when I do 
'C-x p k'.

Also, project-kill-buffers already gets rid of the project VC buffers I have 
opened, so I like to kill the related change-log one as well.

What do you think?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.18, cairo 
version 1.16.0)
  of 2021-12-13 built on hathaway
Repository revision: 5640b055d6962bbf54958e9c2355bd21f763967d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   flymake-mode: t
   flyspell-mode: t
   goto-address-prog-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   global-so-long-mode: t
   global-subword-mode: t
   subword-mode: t
   windmove-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   global-company-mode: t
   company-mode: t
   envrc-global-mode: t
   envrc-mode: t
   fido-vertical-mode: t
   icomplete-vertical-mode: t
   icomplete-mode: t
   fido-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   window-divider-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail view jka-compr cl-print
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tramp-cmds whitespace tabify log-view
dabbrev emoji-labels emoji transient edmacro kmacro help-fns radix-tree
mm-archive mule-util gnutls url-cache finder-inf log-edit message
yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log smerge-mode diff vc-dir ewoc
misearch multi-isearch noutline outline checkdoc dired dired-loaddefs
pkg-info url-http url-auth url-gw find-func epl network-stream puny nsm
rmc server cider tramp-sh cider-debug cider-browse-ns cider-repl-history
pulse derived cider-mode cider-find cider-inspector cider-completion
cider-profile cider-eval cider-repl cider-resolve cider-eldoc cider-test
cider-stacktrace cider-doc advice cider-browse-spec cider-clojuredocs
cider-overlays cider-jar arc-mode archive-mode cider-client cider-common
cider-connection cider-util color cider-popup sesman-browser
nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec queue nrepl-dict cider-compat spinner parseedn
parseclj-parser parseclj-lex parseclj-alist flymake-kondor elec-pair
flymake-proc flymake compile text-property-search comint flyspell ispell
goto-addr sesman clojure-mode lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr align imenu thingatpt pp vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc vc-dispatcher cursor-sensor modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes delight comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra help-mode
savehist so-long cap-words superword subword windmove winner
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company pcase envrc inheritenv ansi-color
icomplete delsel info tex-site package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq
gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 611111 253591)
  (symbols 48 28570 1)
  (strings 32 158076 48353)
  (string-bytes 1 6242308)
  (vectors 16 53384)
  (vector-slots 8 1521013 201131)
  (floats 8 566 3540)
  (intervals 56 7103 557)
  (buffers 992 37))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu