Subject: bug#52457: 28.0.90; elp-restore-list and elp-reset-list cannot be used interactively, add elp-restore-package

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 20:43:54 +0100

The Emacs profiler elp.el provides two commands elp-restore-list and
elp-reset-list, which are supposed to be used interactively.
However these commands have an invalid interactive specification. See
the FIXMEs in elp.el.

Furthermore I propose the addition of an elp-restore-package command,
which would be symmetric with elp-instrument-package and the pair of
commands elp-instrument-function/elp-restore-function.

(defun elp-restore-package (prefix)
  "Remove instrumentation from functions with names starting with PREFIX."
  (interactive "SPrefix: ")
  (elp-restore-list
   (mapcar #'intern
           (all-completions (symbol-name prefix)
                            obarray 'elp-profilable-p))))

In GNU Emacs 28.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-12-05 built on projects
Repository revision: 34f56561372d83b71dcaff1cdf5d9264ba38fa0e
Repository branch: emacs-28
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/user/emacs/install --with-cairo'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 49639 6206)
 (symbols 48 6608 1)
 (strings 32 18294 1546)
 (string-bytes 1 610395)
 (vectors 16 12834)
 (vector-slots 8 178346 12729)
 (floats 8 21 39)
 (intervals 56 203 0)
 (buffers 992 10))