Subject: 29.0.50; New mode-line breaks calculations for last element in my mode-line

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:17:28 +0100

--text follows this line--

I'm using the attached code for my mode-line. It's inspired by the doom
mode-line. My last element is right-aligned and shows GIT information when
relevant. On emacs < 29, the calculation for the free space avoids
overlapping with the fringe:

On emacs29, with fixed font using the fix from etc/NEWS, the fringe
overlaps with the vc information.
Not to speak variable pitch, where I only see the first 1.5 letters or so
(depending on the branch I'm in)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-12-11 built on emacs29
Repository revision: d90be279958c093c4d3023ef553ea20508cf4c28
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=29 --with-json --with-x
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-modules=yes --with-threads --with-included-regex --with-zlib
 --with-native-compilation 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/paag/emacs=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
text-property-search seq gv byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib pcase iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90617 9584)
 (symbols 48 8335 0)
 (strings 32 23959 1771)
 (string-bytes 1 758881)
 (vectors 16 15565)
 (vector-slots 8 321755 14485)
 (floats 8 30 51)
 (intervals 56 239 0)
 (buffers 992 10))

-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler