Subject: bug#52440: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (sqlite3)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 16:38:46 +0200

> From: dick <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 09:25:13 -0500
> 
> > It's the other way around: separating them will NOT make rebuilds less
> > frequent.  So it's kinda fruitless, as separations go.
> 
> Interesting.  I just edited sqlite.h in my fork, and it didn't recompile
> the world.

I guess sqlite.h in your fork includes only some of the sqlite stuff,
then.  Which then begs the question why have it in more than one
place?  Or maybe your sqlite.h includes lisp.h, which is also not a
very good idea.

You cannot usefully separate into different files parts of the Lisp
interpreter, they are too intertwined.  Might as well stop trying.

Anyway, this seems to be about personal stylistic preferences, so any
further argument is futile.