Subject: bug#52440: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (sqlite3)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 15:28:12 +0200

> From: dick <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 07:46:28 -0500
> 
> > Triggering unnecessary rebuilds is an annoyance during development
> 
> I don't see how keeping the three functions in lisp.h versus sqlite.h
> makes triggering the world any less frequent.

It's the other way around: separating them will NOT make rebuilds less
frequent.  So it's kinda fruitless, as separations go.

> And besides, I find myself *constantly* having to `git clean -dfX` and
> remake the world on account of:
> 
> Error: Recursive load: "...international/uni-special-lowercase.el"

Doesn't happen here, never did.

> Your marshalling of the recompilation nuisance is formulaic
> straw-grasping to get one's way.  I know because I often use the same
> rhetorical device.

You are evidently talking about yourself, so don't expect me to assign
any significance to that.  Doesn't help your prestige around here,
which is already pretty low.