Subject: bug#52431: 29.0.50; Semantic bovine GCC tests failing on macOS

From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 14:40:12 +0100

On my macOS Monterey machine, the tests
lisp/cedet/semantic/bovine/gcc-tests fail with the following logs:

Running 2 tests (2021-12-11 14:22:33+0100, selector `(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp)))')
   passed  1/2  semantic-gcc-test-output-parser (0.000299 sec)
Test semantic-gcc-test-output-parser-this-machine backtrace:
  signal(error ("Test failed on \"Configured with: --prefix=/Library..
  error("Test failed on %S\nV H P:\n%S %S %S" "Configured with: --pref
  semantic-gcc-test-output-parser()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0xc3c639eb62f5d7a>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name semantic-gcc-test-output-parser-this-
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/cedet/semantic/bovin
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test semantic-gcc-test-output-parser-this-machine condition:
    (error "Test failed on \"Configured with: --prefix=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1\"\nV H P:\nnil \"arm64-apple-darwin21.1.0\" nil")
   FAILED  2/2  semantic-gcc-test-output-parser-this-machine (0.014062 sec)

Ran 2 tests, 1 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2021-12-11 14:22:33+0100, 0.256300 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  semantic-gcc-test-output-parser-this-machine

I guess this test assumes a specific output from the compiler, which is
only present on GNU/Linux?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 25, aarch64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00 Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
 of 2021-12-11
Repository revision: 8c50016b100ec2c548ec90131e0f5fb5f4ebb5c1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.0.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-xml2 --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only --enable-checking=all
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type '--prefix=/tmp/\7''

Configured features:
ACL GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG SQLITE3
THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils phst skeleton derived pcase
ffap thingatpt url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
mailcap rx gnutls puny dbus xml seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring
cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 70048 6853)
 (symbols 48 8477 1)
 (strings 32 23895 1401)
 (string-bytes 1 779122)
 (vectors 16 16569)
 (vector-slots 8 214706 10523)
 (floats 8 27 36)
 (intervals 56 225 0)
 (buffers 992 10))