Subject: bug#52421: closed (Re: bug#52421: [PATCH][SECURITY] gnu: java-log4j-api: Update to 2.15.0.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 18:26:03 +0000

Your bug report

#52421: [PATCH][SECURITY] gnu: java-log4j-api: Update to 2.15.0.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52421: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52421
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52421: [PATCH][SECURITY] gnu: java-log4j-api: Update to 2.15.0.
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 19:25:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks for the review. I added remarks from IRC and pushed the update
as 5259513d5e5a918bb44b87ab7a562621cc78c945 to
d5cfca23e30a9166d49faf0b48cca3ee27699f7a.

Subject: [PATCH][SECURITY] gnu: java-log4j-api: Update to 2.15.0.
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 03:11:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

today I learnt about a CVE on log4j. Looking more closely, it seems
that log4j2 has had 3 CVEs (at least 3 are listed on
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/security.html) and we're
vulnerable to all of them \o/

This series updates to the latest version. Thankfully, log4j keeps a
stable API, so there's no breakage in dependents, but a few
dependencies had to be added/updated.