Subject: Re: bug#52413: 28.0.90; load file wrong in Emacs 28 when using find-file-visit-truename

From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:23:45 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 13:38:37 -0500
>> 
>> This should be merged with bug#52292, which contains a repro:
>
> That bug is about package.el.  Are we sure this bug is also 
> about
> something related to package.el?  The Subject says "load file 
> wrong",
> which doesn't necessarily alludes to package installation via
> package.el.

I saw this user post a support thread on Reddit and gave them 
advice to work around it based off the open issue we have at 
striaght.el's tracker.
I advised them to add to the issue if they had any more 
information.
They do not appear to have any more information other than "this 
affects me, too".
Another user in the straight.el issue thread encouraged them to 
re-report the bug here (I advised against this, but apparently too 
late).
They have linked to both issues in their report.
This is their first bug report and I believe they are describing 
the same issue as bug #52292 with different wording.

Is that correct, Cristi?