Subject: bug#52400: [PATCH] Don't generate separate autoload file for htmlfontify.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 18:46:45 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:22:12 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > I say why take the risks, however low, if the problem is not serious
> > enough?
> 
> Cruft inevitably adds to cognitive load.

But it isn't cruft.  You tend to declare something "cruft" too easily.

> We have a lot of it, IMO, so every little bit helps.

No, we don't.  Please don't consider cruft anything that you think is
not right; there's more than one way to skin a fish.  People who
worked on Emacs before us weren't exactly incompetent, you know.

> The problem is that if it exists, you will sometimes happen to look at
> it and think "hmm, why is this file here".  I think this is the second
> (or third?) time I stumble upon this particular file.

Just get used to it being there, I say.  It doesn't do any harm,
although you seem to think it does.

We have enough real problems to deal with.