Subject: 29.0.50; org-priority 'SPC to remove' doesn't work

From: "Bruce E. Robertson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 14:07:10 -0800

1. in init.el:
(custom-set-variables
 '(org-priority-default 32)
 '(org-priority-highest 0)
 '(org-priority-lowest 31)
)
2. position to line in .org file:
** TODO [#0] test line

3. from M-x view-lossage:
 C-c ,         ;; org-priority

4. mini-buffer displays:
"Priority 0-31, SPC to remove: "

5. further in view-lossage:
SPC           ;; self-insert-command
 <return>      ;; exit-minibuffer

4. from *Messages* (and mini-buffer):
Priority of current item set to 0

5. PROBLEM:
I wanted to remove priority.

6. WORK-AROUND:
set priority to 32. Then priority disappears. Perhaps this is because 32
is space code or because I've set org-priority-default to 32.
( I spent a medium amount of time to find this behavior. )

7. SUGGESTION:
rewrite org-priority to have a clear distinction between numbers and
characters and whatever will be used to remove the priority.
( I gave a look at this but my emacs-fu is too weak. Or my time-fu is
too small. )

Thank you, thank you, thank you for emacs and org-mode and ...

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00 Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
 of 2021-11-23 built on brucer42s-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: c760ffa25e11fa442406d290a8ddb5d4208394dc
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.0.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns --with-modules
 '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-xwidgets --with-native-compilation
 'CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include
 -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11
 -L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin20/11.2.0
 -L/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/lib/gcc/11 -I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP
XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail files-x grep rng-xsd xsd-regexp
rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok sh-script smie log-view
dired-aux cperl-mode facemenu make-mode vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc etags fileloop xref project
log-edit pcvs-util add-log shell compile ledger-mode ledger-check
ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort ledger-report ledger-reconcile
ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-fontify ledger-state ledger-complete
ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact ledger-post ledger-exec
ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util ledger-context ledger-commodities
ledger-regex bookmark pp tabify org-capture smerge-mode diff vc shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree edmacro kmacro crm executable org-clock misearch
multi-isearch diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso org-duration vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher org-element avl-tree generator disp-table ol-eww
eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi face-remap org-agenda org-refile ido saveplace ob-gnuplot
ob-dot ob-ruby hl-line netrc autorevert filenotify comp comp-cstr
warnings delsel cl-extra org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic
bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func help-mode cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs finder-inf info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq
gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa
ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1321045 588964)
 (symbols 48 35709 2)
 (strings 32 184989 63848)
 (string-bytes 1 9552482)
 (vectors 16 76633)
 (vector-slots 8 2062758 499224)
 (floats 8 551 895)
 (intervals 56 90184 35949)
 (buffers 992 108))