Subject: Re: [PATCH] build-system: emacs: Add generation of -pkg.el files.

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 18:29:06 +0300

On 2022-01-21 17:57, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Am Freitag, dem 21.01.2022 um 15:11 +0300 schrieb Andrew Tropin:
>> > As promised, I took a deeper look at your patch.  As already noted,
>> > there were some clean-up actions I had to perform, such as keeping
>> > to our line limit (it was not easy, I tell you) among other
>> > things.  Also, confusingly, your condition-case code did not handle
>> > errors and wrong handling of the version field blew up everything
>> > for me.  Did you test this code?
>> 
>> I thought it was the version I used for past a few weeks, however I
>> could send a little outdated version, not the latest one by accident.
>> Tested it with guix build emacs-paredit.
>> 
>> See your fix which wraps both forms in one let, thank you, yep, it's
>> very likely I sent an intermediate version of the patch
>> accidentially.
> Git index not up to date, truly a classic :)
>
>> > +           ;; before trying to create package-desc.  Otherwis the
>> > whole process
>> 
>> s/Otherwis/Otherwise,
> Thanks.
>> 
>
>> Applied on my local checkout of guix channel, list-packages now shows
>> 117 external packages =)  Will keep it for a while and let you know
>> if any problems will reveal themselves.
> Fair enough, I'll reset my "14 days without review" clock then :)

Have been using your version of the patch for a week now, added a few
more emacs packages to my config, nothing stopped to build or launch, so
it seems to work good.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin