Subject: Re: bug#52378: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Reinstate a guard on compute_window_start()

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 09:22:33 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 16:14:27 -0500
> 
> >From c0d3b2f75cd1ef0d4b45442ab073d8cd0a448a08 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: dickmao <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 16:11:34 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH] A common error
> 
> * src/xdisp.c (compute_window_start_on_continuation_line):
> Align code with comment.

The current code is correct.  It's the comment that might confuse: it
describes the conditions under which we do NOT want to execute the
code in the following block (that's what "give up" means in this
case).  So "||" is correct, and you need to reverse the conditions to
understand what the comment says.  For example, it says "too far", but
the condition says "less than", not "greater than".

I tried to clarify the comment on the release branch.