Subject: [bug#52377] [security 1/2] gnu: BIND: Update to 9.16.23 [fixes CVE-2021-{25218, 25219}].

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:14:59 -0500

On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 01:29:17AM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
> I updated BIND to 9.16.23 in commit
> 4ca0e9d5f77ec309a5a8a7eba3d97fd3bb4852d5, which reverts the upstream commit
> that caused this new test failure.  I had to tediously bisect this; I never
> would've guessed it was to blame.

Thanks for doing this work. You said it was tedious, but I'm curious if
you have some scripts for bisecting Guix packages through upstream Git
history?

> The patch won't keep forever.  Bug reports to ISC seem to require a GitLab
> account.  Can't say I'm in a terrible rush to create yet another one.  Do
> you have one?

I probably can't look at this until next week (vacation).

> Maybe this problem will just go away with a newer GCC.  We can hope…

It's worth a try.

> I went ahead and pushed your matching isc-dhcp patch.  I wouldn't normally
> do this to people with commit access but it seemed justified.

I'm happy you did it!