Subject: bug#52377: closed (Re: [bug#52377] [security 1/2] gnu: BIND: Update to 9.16.23 [fixes CVE-2021-{25218, 25219}].)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 00:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52377: [security]: Update BIND DNS

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52377: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52377
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#52377] [security 1/2] gnu: BIND: Update to 9.16.23 [fixes CVE-2021-{25218, 25219}].
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 01:29:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Leo,

Leo Famulari 写道：
> * gnu/packages/dns.scm (isc-bind): Update to 9.16.23.

Thanks!

I updated BIND to 9.16.23 in commit 
4ca0e9d5f77ec309a5a8a7eba3d97fd3bb4852d5, which reverts the 
upstream commit that caused this new test failure.  I had to 
tediously bisect this; I never would've guessed it was to blame.

The patch won't keep forever.  Bug reports to ISC seem to require 
a GitLab account.  Can't say I'm in a terrible rush to create yet 
another one.  Do you have one?

Maybe this problem will just go away with a newer GCC.  We can 
hope…

I went ahead and pushed your matching isc-dhcp patch.  I wouldn't 
normally do this to people with commit access but it seemed 
justified.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Subject: [security]: Update BIND DNS
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 14:56:53 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The following two patches update the BIND 9 DNS package, as well as the
bundled BIND in isc-dhcp. Please test them on your Guix Systems.