Subject: Re: [bug#52371] [PATCH 0/2] Update tdlib and emacs-telega.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 09:27:13 +0100

Hello,

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:

> tdlib version 1.7.0 is deprecated and doesn't work anymore, there is no
> 1.7.9 tag in upstream repo, but the version is present in source code.
> https://github.com/tdlib/td/blob/858078d89fcd2ad1d9860547e3f87c49d0f9abe9/CMakeLists.txt#L9
>
> emacs-telega 0.7.031 is inteded for tdlib 1.7.0, but because this tdlib
> version doesn't work anymore, Evgeny (author of telega.el) suggest to
> use telega version from master branch.  I used 0.7.15 tag (closest tag
> to the version in master branch I found) + revision + commit hash.
>
> Without those updates tdlib and all clients based on it doesn't work,
> it's quite unfortunate behavior from Telegram developers, IMHO of
> course, but it's necessary to update to non-tagged versions to get it
> work again.

Thank you.

Could you use commit a53cb30e99f937cfd64e0266fa558785a184a553 for tdlib.
It corresponds to release 0.7.10 so you don't have to use revision and
commit binding.

Also, could you send this in two separate patches, and provide a proper
commit message, specifying new patch files and registering them in
local.mk?

Also, you can remove trailing #t from phases.

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou