Subject: Re: [bug#52371] [PATCH 0/2] Update tdlib and emacs-telega.

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 14:43:39 +0300

On 2021-12-09 09:27, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> tdlib version 1.7.0 is deprecated and doesn't work anymore, there is no
>> 1.7.9 tag in upstream repo, but the version is present in source code.
>> https://github.com/tdlib/td/blob/858078d89fcd2ad1d9860547e3f87c49d0f9abe9/CMakeLists.txt#L9
>>
>> emacs-telega 0.7.031 is inteded for tdlib 1.7.0, but because this tdlib
>> version doesn't work anymore, Evgeny (author of telega.el) suggest to
>> use telega version from master branch.  I used 0.7.15 tag (closest tag
>> to the version in master branch I found) + revision + commit hash.
>>
>> Without those updates tdlib and all clients based on it doesn't work,
>> it's quite unfortunate behavior from Telegram developers, IMHO of
>> course, but it's necessary to update to non-tagged versions to get it
>> work again.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Could you use commit a53cb30e99f937cfd64e0266fa558785a184a553 for tdlib.
> It corresponds to release 1.7.10 so you don't have to use revision and
> commit binding.

Will do.

>
> Also, could you send this in two separate patches, and provide a proper
> commit message, specifying new patch files and registering them in
> local.mk?

Not sure what you mean, there are already two inline patches with proper
commit messages (at least I hope it's proper :).

The patches for telegram.el are not new, so they already registered in
local.mk, I just updated the content to match current source code.

>
> Also, you can remove trailing #t from phases.
>
> Could you send an updated patch?
>
> Regards,

Yep.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin