Subject: Re: bug#52350: pypi import: ungraceful exit when recursively importing unknown package

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 11:09:45 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

On mar., 07 déc. 2021 at 11:26, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi -r pytestrerunfailures

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix import pypi pytestrerunfailures
following redirection to `https://pypi.org/pypi/pytestrerunfailures/json/'...
guix import: error: failed to download meta-data for package 'pytestrerunfailures'

$ guix import pypi pytestrerunfailures -r
following redirection to `https://pypi.org/pypi/pytestrerunfailures/json/'...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Fixed by f7bb161445903c51d299307610403cb3de0fcc56, at least the ugly
backtrace.  However, it is still unsatisfactory since the error is not
correctly handled.

I propose to close because the exit is now graceful -- at least less
ungraceful. :-)

Cheers,
simon