Subject: Re: bug#52342: [PATCH] Add Texinfo support for Flymake

From: Okamsn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 01:40:01 +0000

On 12/7/21 19:50, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>   > Don't you dare insert any `require' calls at top level in this file
>>>   > --rms.
>>>
>>> which I tried to observe.
>>
>> No comment :-)
>
> That file is really jumping through a lot of hoops to avoid require, for
> some reason.  It seems like yet another thing that was probably relevant
> 30 years ago, but not so much today.  Personally, I'd just simplify it.
>

Hello,

Would the file `texinfo.el` loading Flymake affect the use of a more
recent version of Flymake installed as a package? I have run into issues
when using Org as a downloaded package, where a library causes the
built-in version to load, which breaks using the newer features.

The file `python.el` doesn't seem to do any loading/declaring of Flymake
features.

Thank you.