Subject: bug#52342: [PATCH] Add Texinfo support for Flymake

From: Okamsn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 01:00:54 +0000

On 12/7/21 18:46, João Távora wrote:
>     require is always `eval-and-compile` (sorry if I misled you earlier).
>     It's OK to use `eval-when-compile` when needing `cl-loop` from `cl-lib`
>     if _all_ you need form `cl-lib` is indeed macros.
>
>     But for flymake, you need the actual runtime things too, right? So
>     I think plain require is better and simpler
>
>
> Hmmm, on second thought, it you're planning on relying on
> autoloads for ultimate loading lazyness.... Hmm, maybe
> you're right...
>
> João

My thinking was that the Flymake features would be loaded when
`flymake-mode` was enabled and that the added function `texinfo-flymake`
won't run until Flymake is loaded and processes
`flymake-diagnostic-functions`. Does that sound right?