Subject: bug#52333: closed ([PATCH] Remove extraneous references)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 12:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52333: [PATCH] Remove extraneous references

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52333: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52333
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH] Remove extraneous references
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 12:53:28 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I applied the change to r-minimal and discarded the other one.

-- 
Ricardo

Subject: [PATCH] Remove extraneous references
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 16:56:09 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

r-minimal keeps a record of build time inputs in a comment and in a
libtool script.  I don’t know if I may remove them all, but some of them
seem to safe to remove, so that’s what the first patch does.

While I removed texlive-union references from r-minimal, I noticed that
python-nbconvert also does something undesirable: it retains references
to xelatex and bibtex, but takes these from the texlive-union of the
native-inputs.  That seems like a mistake, so I added a regular
texlive-bin input and embedded a reference to *that* instead of the
texlive-union-wrapped scripts.

-- 
Ricardo