Subject: 27.2; [DOC] Paragraph about quit-restore-window

From: Kevin Vigouroux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 12:46:58 +0100

I don’t understand the meaning of a paragraph in the Emacs Lisp
Reference Manual, chapter 28 Windows, section 28.16 Quitting Windows.

#+begin_quote
If the third element of the ‘quit-restore’ parameter is a list of
buffer, window start (*note Window Start and End), and point
(*note
Window Point), and that buffer is still live, the buffer will be
displayed, and start and point set accordingly. If, in addition,
WINDOW’s buffer was temporarily resized, this function will also try to
restore the original height of WINDOW.
#+end_quote

It seems to me that there could be an error in the presentation or in
the designation of the elements.

Is it the WINDOW parameter (second element of ‘quit-restore’) or is it
the window selected at the time the parameter was created (third element
of ‘quit-restore’)?
-- 
Best regards,
Kevin Vigouroux