Subject: bug#52317: 29.0.50; Unintelligible sentence in EIEIO info

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 22:02:40 +0100

Marco Wahl <[email-masked]> writes:

> Visit (info "(eieio) Generics") .
> Find the sentence
>
>        In CLOS, a generic call also be used to provide an argument list
>        and dispatch precedence for all the arguments.
>
> This sentence is unintelligible AFAICT.

I've now changed it to:

In CLOS, a generic method can also be used to provide an argument list
and dispatch precedence for all the arguments.  In @eieio{},
dispatching only occurs for the first argument, so the @var{arglist}
is not used.

in Emacs 29.  But the documentation here talks about cl-defgeneric, so
it's extra confusing.  (The `defgeneric' in eieio-compat.el does behave
like described, apparently, so it's not totally wrong...  but...  it
think perhaps the ieieo/cl method stuff needs some editing.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no