Subject: bug#52313: bold face font size unexpected increase ("Fixed" family)

From: Alexander Tomokhov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 14:29:54 +0300

Is fontconfig able to find Fixed family fonts on your system? Try these commands to check:

$ fc-match Fixed

$ fc-list | grep -i fixed

$ fc-list | grep -i misc

07.12.2021, 23:22, "Lars Ingebrigtsen" <[email-masked]>:

Alexander Tomokhov <[email-masked]> writes:

Debian packages website lists `xfonts-base` package which contains
this font:
https://packages.debian.org/stable/all/xfonts-base/filelist. Not sure
about Debian, but usually (NixOS, Arch) such package comes along with
X server by default.

That package is already installed here, but Emacs still says it can't
find it.

Fixed fonts unavailability may be explained by bitmap fonts being disabled
system-wide (what I've never encountered):
http://marklodato.github.io/2014/02/23/fixed-fonts.html .

Ah, perhaps that's it? Then perhaps somebody that has as system where
they're not disabled has to try to debug this instead.

Anybody?

--
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no