Subject: Re: bug#52313: bold face font size unexpected increase ("Fixed" family)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 21:22:02 +0100

Alexander Tomokhov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Debian packages website lists `xfonts-base` package which contains
> this font:
> https://packages.debian.org/stable/all/xfonts-base/filelist. Not sure
> about Debian, but usually (NixOS, Arch) such package comes along with
> X server by default.

That package is already installed here, but Emacs still says it can't
find it.

> Fixed fonts unavailability may be explained by bitmap fonts being disabled
> system-wide (what I've never encountered):
> http://marklodato.github.io/2014/02/23/fixed-fonts.html .

Ah, perhaps that's it?  Then perhaps somebody that has as system where
they're not disabled has to try to debug this instead.

Anybody?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no