Subject: Re: bug#52297: 29.0.50; Error in c-force-redisplay timer

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:36:56 +0000

Hello, Lars.

On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 11:15:36 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> >>   emacs -Q
> >>   C-x C-f some-C-file.c RET

> >> and then press "M-x".  Observe the following error message in the echo
> >> area, displayed after "M-x":

> >>   Error running timer ‘c-force-redisplay’: (error "Font-lock trying to use keywords before setting them up")

> > OK, I'll look at it.

> Alan, this was nine weeks ago.  Have you made any progress here?  (I
> don't see the issue myself, but it's apparently stopping Martin from
> using recent Emacs builds.)

Sorry, I lost this one.  I've just configured a build on GNU with:

    $ CFLAGS='-O0 -g3' ./configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-gpm

, and built it.  When I do

    $ emacs -Q
    C-x C-f src/xdisp.c
    M-x end-of-buffer RET

, I don't see the bug at all.

Eli or Martin, is this bug still showing itself?  If so, would it be
possible to give a more exact recipe to reproduce it (though I'm aware
the answer to this question is probably no).

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).