Subject: Re: bug#52293: 29.0.50; [PATCH v3] Prevent further cases of duplicated separators in context menus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 21:47:48 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 21:07:28 +0200
> 
> But before the release we need to decide whether the authors of packages
> should add new menu items at the top of the menu before its title,
> or help them by providing an anchor in the menu.
> 
> Also please decide what to do bug#52286: should we unify such
> menu symbols as [separator-global] to [global-separator]
> before the release?

I'd prefer all of those to go to master.  I'm quite sure this is not
the last time we hear that something in those quarters needs to be
fixed (I think the feature wasn't mature enough to go to Emacs 28 in
the first place, but that's water under the bridge now).  No
catastrophe will happen if this will be fixed after 28.1, or even in
29.1.