Subject: Re: bug#52293: 29.0.50; [PATCH v3] Prevent further cases of duplicated separators in context menus

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 09:43:34 -0800

On 12/8/2021 4:59 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 20:37:28 -0800
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> On 12/7/2021 12:19 AM, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>> Thanks, this makes perfect sense.  I vote for pushing this to emacs-28,
>>> so the authors of packages could rely on this scheme.
> 
> Perhaps we should decide that Emacs 28.1 will be release some time
> after 2031, then.  Because we are evidently unable to avoid
> temptations to add "one more feature".

I agree that since this isn't fixing a regression from Emacs 27, and 
since the real problem is just some visual ugliness, it's probably too 
late to put into 28.1. If possible, it'd be nice to get this for 28.2 
though, since it's a fix for a new feature added in 28.1.

We can worry about that post-28.1 though. I'll try to keep this on my 
radar until 28.1 is out the door, and then send a reminder message to 
try and get this merged for 28.2.