Subject: Re: bug#52282: linux modules does not support inferior kernel

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 20:19:53 +0000

Oleg Pykhalov schreef op za 04-12-2021 om 22:25 [+0300]:
> Hi Guix,
> 
> I cannot build a system after adding '(kernel-loadable-modules (list
> vendor-reset-linux-module))' to the Guix system config. [...]

Are you using a linux module package with #:linux some-linux-via-an-
inferior? If so, the likely cause is this code from (guix build-system
linux-module):

(define* (lower [...])
  [...]
  ,@(package-native-inputs linux)
  [...])

Currently, inferior packages aren't packages, so this fails with

In procedure %package-native-inputs-real: Wrong type argument:
> #<inferior-package [email-masked] 7fc8055619f0>

The solution would be to use inferior-package-native-inputs when linux
is an inferior package. (Search for inferior-package? in the source
code.)

Greetings,
Maxime