Subject: bug#52282: linux modules does not support inferior kernel

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:18:09 +0000

Oleg Pykhalov schreef op zo 05-12-2021 om 16:22 [+0300]:
> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Oleg Pykhalov schreef op za 04-12-2021 om 22:25 [+0300]:
> > > Hi Guix,
> > > 
> > > I cannot build a system after adding '(kernel-loadable-modules
> > > (list
> > > vendor-reset-linux-module))' to the Guix system config. [...]
> > 
> > Are you using a linux module package with #:linux some-linux-via-
> > an-
> > inferior?
> 
> No '#:linux' argument, here is the linux module: [...]

The service code indirectly calls the procedure 'package-for-kernel'.
It modifies kernel module packages to use the kernel actually
specified in the operating-system record instead of an arbitrary
linux-libre from (gnu packages linux). In your operating-system,
you're using a linux from an inferior.

So effectively, there's a hidden ‘#:linux a-linux-from-an-inferior’ in
play.

Greetings,
Maxime.