Subject: 29.0.50; failure to display svg in org latex preview with modus-vivendi theme

From: çağlar girit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 13:17:49 +0100

1. emacs -Q
2. customize org-preview-latex-default-process to dvisvgm
3. load-theme modus-vivendi
4. open an org file and write $test$
5. turn on latex preview with C-c C-x C-l

The latex will be rendered as a white box, white text on white 
background

6. M-x modus-themes-toggle

The latex will be rendered white text on black background

7. reload latex preview with C-c C-x C-l twice

latex will be rendered black text on white background

8. toggle modus again

latex will still be rendered as white box

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.30, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-11-10, unofficial emacs-snapshot build: 
 http://emacs.secretsauce.net built on lilbastard
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd 
 --with-native-compilation
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man 
 --enable-libsystemd
 --with-native-compilation --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-imagemagick --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-snapshot-pUTpBh/emacs-snapshot-20211109+emacs-27.1-11138-g465ec29926d=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -fno-omit-frame-pointer'
 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'
Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG 
SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e-headers

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  ivy-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  mu4e-search-minor-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  mu4e-update-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-context-minor-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/cog/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211105.100/transient hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug face-remap char-fold which-key vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher org-eldoc cdlatex texmathp org-indent image-file
image-converter ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage 
dframe
ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi 
winner
windmove goto-last-point ivy-prescient prescient counsel xdg xref
project swiper cl-extra two-column server pinentry expand-region
text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom ace-link avy
flyspell-correct-ivy ivy delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color
flyspell-correct flyspell ispell smtpmail-async mu4e-contrib 
eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module 
esh-groups
esh-util org-mu4e mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-view thingatpt gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source 
utf7
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader
mu4e-main mu4e-headers mu4e-lists mu4e-compose mu4e-draft 
mu4e-actions
smtpmail sendmail mu4e-search mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark 
mu4e-message shr
kinsoku svg xml dom flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts
mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context mu4e-vars 
mu4e-helpers
ido message yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies 
mm-encode
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-meta 
modus-vivendi-theme
modus-themes pcase saveplace whitespace autorevert filenotify 
pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag 
semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu
pdf-tools compile cus-edit cus-load pdf-view bookmark
text-property-search pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util
pdf-macs image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif org-download 
org-element
avl-tree generator org-attach org-id org-refile org ob ob-tangle 
ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic 
bibtex ol
rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
help-mode cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs url-http url-auth 
mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm 
rmc
puny async savehist desktop frameset tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat 
shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date 
ls-lisp
format-spec recentf tree-widget wid-edit use-package 
use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key 
bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf tex-site info package 
browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history 
url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source 
cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map 
url-vars
seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs 
cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook 
vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win 
x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list 
replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar 
menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse 
jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer 
cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai 
tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak 
czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj 
charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev 
obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env 
code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads 
dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting 
font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 567929 36111)
 (symbols 48 36023 5)
 (strings 32 164010 7327)
 (string-bytes 1 5514408)
 (vectors 16 63211)
 (vector-slots 8 1242626 27693)
 (floats 8 1033 340)
 (intervals 56 9483 1615)
 (buffers 992 25))

-- 
çög