Subject: bug#52267: Acknowledgement (disk image installer for rock64 fails)

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 19:20:13 +0000

Florian Hoertlehner schreef op wo 08-12-2021 om 19:26 [+0100]:
> Do you know how I would do that? Do ai have to change th guix channel
> Definition for that? Would this still allow me to roll back in case
> something fails terribly? Or could it be that core-updates-frozen
> will crash my Main machine all together? Man's thanks!

The least risky method I know of, is to pull guix into a _separate_
profile ,
and use that guix to build the installation image:

$ guix pull --profile=./guix-cuf --branch=core-updates-frozen
[wait for the pull to finish]
[alternatively, you could use 'guix time-machine']
$ ./guix-cuf/bin/guix system disk-image --target=aarch64-linux-gnu -e
'(@ (gnu system install) rock64-installation-os)'

That way, the core-updates-frozen guix will only be used for building
the installation image, and nothing else.

I don't see how that could crash your main machine, though I don't know
if it will work on your rock64.

Greetings,
Maxime