Subject: bug#5226: Malayalam conjunct formation breaks down at the end of long words

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:54:32 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Praveen A <[email-masked]> writes:

> Many Malayalam conjuncts at the end of long words are broken down to
> its basic forms.

> Example 1: നക്ഷത്രാവശിഷ്ടങ്ങളും or
> '\u0d28\u0d15\u0d4d\u0d37\u0d24\u0d4d\u0d30\u0d3e\u0d35\u0d36\u0d3f\u0d37\u0d4d\u0d1f\u0d19\u0d4d\u0d19\u0d33\u0d41\u0d02'
> (ങ്ങ is broken into ങ ് ങ)
> Example2: എനിയ്ക്കിഷ്ടായില്ല or
> '\u0d0e\u0d28\u0d3f\u0d2f\u0d4d\u0d15\u0d4d\u0d15\u0d3f\u0d37\u0d4d\u0d1f\u0d3e\u0d2f\u0d3f\u0d32\u0d4d\u0d32'
> (ല്ല is broken into ല ് ല)

> To reproduce this bug: Copy the above example to a buffer and observe
> the deference in rendering when a space is added in the middle of the
> word.

> This is tested with CVS version of emacs with most recent
> Indic rendering fixes.

Again, I cant' reproduce it.  Sigh...

Which font is it?

Please try this and show me the result of "log1" and "log2" files.

% MDEBUG_FLT=3 emacs NO_MIDDLE_SPACE.txt >& log1
% MDEBUG_FLT=3 emacs WITH_MIDDLE_SPACE.txt >& log2

Here NO_MIDDLE_SPACE.txt is a file containing only this line:
എനിയ്ക്കിഷ്ടായില്ല
and WITH_MIDDLE_SPACE.txt is a file containing only this line:
എനിയ്ക്കിഷ്ടായി ല്ല

> Screen capture video of the bug
> http://blip.tv/dashboard/episode/2999711

When I visit that page, login is requested.  What username
and password to use?

> ---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]