Subject: Re: bug#52250: [cuirass] Feature request: Compare evaluations in the web interface

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:04:07 +0100

Hello Leo,

> "[...] the ability to compare the results of two evaluations
> and show the *differences* between those results, i.e. to enumerate the
> newly failing jobs, the newly succeeding jobs, and the newly aborted
> jobs."

Yes that's something we should definitely add to Cuirass. On the
database side, the Jobs table gives the list of all the builds related
to an evaluation.

Implementing an evaluation diff (new derivations, newly successful
derivations, newly failing derivations, removed derivations) should just
be a matter of displaying data nicely.

The not so trivial part is how to make it somehow user friendly in the
Web UI. The rest of the interface isn't super easy to understand and I
fear that it will add an extra layer of complexity if not integrated
properly.

A first implementation could be a completely separate page, with two
text inputs to enter evaluation A and evaluation B ids. Then, when
clicking on a "GO" button the diff would be displayed under an array
with different tabulations.

WDYT?

Thanks,

Mathieu